Friday, April 11, 2008
Preparation for Test #2:April 15, 2008
Be sure that you are able to..
1) List, identify and give examples of the different types of sentences
2) List, identify and give examples of the different types of statements
3) Pick out statements from non-statements
4) Define what an argument is
5) Define what a premise is; what a conclusion is
6) Be able to identify what statements are premises and what statement is the conclusion in a variety of arguments I will give you
7) Be able to list which words are Premise Identifiers
8) Be able to list which words are Conclusion Identifiers
9) List and be able to identify the five types of texts which are not arguments: reports, unsupported assertions (opinions), conditional statements, illustrations, explanations.